Let me start off this article with something that you might not have expected. The medical fraternity has not been able to locate the human mind. Nobody can say with 100% certainty whether the mind is located in the head or stomach or legs. Confused? Let me explain.
Concept of Human Brain & Mind – Overview
There has been a long standing debate between people of knowledge about certain human behaviors. It was observed that under extreme (hard) circumstances, most people give up and quit whereas a handful of people are able to navigate those obstacles and achieve their goals. What made people do so?
The human brain doesn’t have the ability to think / reject / accept information. It simply processes information and designs frameworks so that when it is presented with similar information in the future, it can accommodate that information in a specific framework and process it.
So, since the brain is hard-wired, the people of knowledge arrived at a concept of mind. They split the human mind into 2 sections – the conscious and the subconscious. The role of the conscious mind is equivalent to that of a gate-keeper. It has the ability to accept or reject any piece of information. Any information by itself is neither negative nor positive. It is the conscious mind that applies such stamps on information. And once the information is accepted, it is passed on to the subconscious mind. Now, you may consider the subconscious as a peaceful person that accepts anything he is given. He doesn’t argue or reason with anybody. That’s the subconscious for you, in layman terms.
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
It is believed that an infant’s subconscious mind is absolutely blank. With time, information is filtered into the subconscious (via the conscious) and a person’s character shapes up. In-case of a positive orientation of the subconscious, in accordance with the Universal laws, the person is deemed to succeed in life. And if the person has unknowingly filled up the negative thoughts within the subconscious, then such a person will not even be able to see the shadow of success. If you can make a commitment to yourself and learn certain subconscious mind power techniques exercises (listed below), then you will be able to overcome any challenge that life throws at you.
Training Your Subconscious Mind
Your subconscious mind can be reprogrammed regardless the current situation in life. It takes time, effort, perseverance and patience on your behalf to turn your life around from gloom to light. Here are some basic techniques to train your mind:
(1) Discard negative thoughts as soon as possible. Don’t dwell on the negative. What’s the fun? Don’t rot your subconscious with such information.
(2) Follow certain successful people. Study about their lives. Nearly 95% of such people have risen from mediocre and/or poor backgrounds with no access to a mentor.
(3) Set specific, time-bound goals for yourself and work all out to achieve them. Write down your goals.
(4) Make it a routine to listen to videos of different motivational speakers for 2 hours per day.
(5) Start visualizing your success. It is not necessary that you have to visualize yourself in a big house and having a big car. NO! Start by visualizing short term goals – things that you plan to achieve within a week, a fortnight. Achieve those. Then make bigger plans.
You can search some advanced tips online and have a look at a few videos to get a grasp and change your life for the better.